Baseball picture frame


A few weeks ago I posted about a picture frame I found at the thrift store. You can find the post here.  I finally got around to updating the picture frame.  As you may have noticed in my crafts, most of them are a little bit girlish.  That's because I have two little sweet daughters.  I have so many cute patterns of scrapbook paper that would be perfect for boys and wanted to use them.  So I decided to make this cute picture frame.
Here is what the frame looked like when I bought it.




It took quite a bit of time to remove the scrapbook paper.  Thankfully my dear husband had a handy scraper which made it a bit easier.  Then I removed the rest of the paper by hand.  I carefully sanded the frame because of the paper and glue residue.   I made sure that the surface was smooth before my next step.

Here are my supplies.  Missing from the picture is my hot glue gun and the Mod Podge.

After sanding, I painted the frame on the top and sides.  I used a mixture of the two blue paints in the picture.


Next I traced the frame on the back side of the scrapbook paper.
I applied a layer of Mod Podge to the frame and placed my scrapbook paper on top.
Next I hot glued my baseball bat and mitt to the frame.
After my project was done, I added a layer of Mod Podge Gloss to the top and sides.  I like to finish my projects with that layer just to make sure it is sealed well and it gives it a nice finish.

No comments

Back to Top